Sunday August 27, 2017
Sermon Audio: The Beliefs We Profess
Scripture: Matthew 16: 13-17
- Over the month of August we talked about “The Food We Eat”, “The Risks We Take”, and “The Words We Say”. These are all actions. Have you thought more about these actions in the past few weeks?
- The foundation supporting these actions is our belief and faith in God and God’s son Jesus Christ. Jesus asked his disciples and asks us, “Who do you say I am?”
- What can you do to grow closer to God this week and every week?
Sunday August 20, 2017
Sermon Audio: The Things We Say
Scripture: Matthew 15: 10-20
- How often do you think about what you say?
- Did you ever have words come out of your mouth you wish you could have stopped?
- The only way to control what you say is to practice. You journey with God and daily reflection on God will help control the words that come out of your mouth. What can you do this week to help you take more control of the things you say?
Sunday August 13, 2017
Sermon Audio: The Risks We Take
Scripture: Matthew 14: 22-33
- Are you a risk taker, or do you play it safe?
- God allows for mistakes, but we have to try. What are three risks you can take this week?
Sunday August 6, 2017
Sermon Audio: The Food We Eat
Scripture: Matthew 14: 13-21
- Do you think about the food you eat?
- Do you hurry at meals missing out on conversation and time spent together with those around you?
Sunday July 30, 2017
Sermon Audio: The Value of Faith
Scripture: Matthew 13: 44-46
- Going to church like any other spiritual activity takes time and effort. How are you doing on your journey to grow your faith?
- Do you see your faith life as worth the time and energy it requires?
Sunday July 23, 2017
Sermon Audio: An Eye on the Future
Scripture: Romans 8: 18-25
- Do you live your life like God is ahead of you calling, or like God has thrown you into the deep end to fend for yourself?
- You are not perfect and neither are the people around you. How do you live your life so that each day you are closer to God?
Sunday July 16, 2017
Sermon Audio: A Time to Grow
Scripture: Matthew 13: 1-9, 18-23
- Have you ever found yourself in different locations like the different locations of seeds fall in this parable?
- Unlike the Seeds we can move and change our location. We can move ourselves into practices that are rich in the very things we need to grow. Practices such as Prayer, Worship, Reading Scripture, Sacraments, Sharing your personal faith story. Which of these are you already doing? Which ones can you spend more time on?
Sunday July 9, 2017
Sermon Audio: Comfort for the Afflicted
Scripture: Matthew 10: 40-42
- Has anyone ever helped you with a random act of kindness?
- What can you do this week in 30 minutes to help comfort the afflicted?